[Tagging] ele-key for lakes / water bodies and glaciers

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Aug 24 12:06:25 BST 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Elena of Valhalla wrote:
> on the way that marks the boundary of lakes etc. I would expect the
> ele key to tag the average height of the water surface, since that is
> what is constant on the whole lake

I live in a land of drought and flooding rains (apologies to the poet). So the
level of water in various lakes and reservoirs varies from zero to maximal
so there is no constant level and the average value is not meaningful either

http://waterinfo.nsw.gov.au/water.shtml?ppbm=STORAGE_SITE&da&3&dakm_url
(requires Firefox 3.x at least)

click on a marker - try those near Broken Hill and see the historical data.
Some there have been zero to 120% capacity in the last year
(don't doubt my arithmetic, that's off the website)