[Tagging] craft= Proposal

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Tue Aug 24 13:03:33 BST 2010

Am 24.08.2010 13:38, schrieb Elena of Valhalla:
> On 8/24/10, Peter Körner<osm-lists at mazdermind.de>  wrote:
>> Am 24.08.2010 12:17, schrieb Liz:
>>> the butcher and baker are working with raw materials, producing something
>>> temporary and not required to have beauty in its form
>> What, there is no beauty in my rump steak? I cant accept that, it's not
>> true!!!1eleven11! ;)
>
> you're kidding, but what about a (real) sushi chef who produces
> something temporary, but is also required to give extreme care to the
> estetics of the dish?

I think we should stick with the general classification "a sushi
restaurant" and ignore the specialty "a specific sushi chef" when
dealing with tagging. As Emilie Laffray said, beauty is in the eye of
the beholder and so it can't be part of our definition for craft=.

I'd like Élisée Reclus proposal better: if it sells something to end
customers is a shop and not a craft.

What do you think about that?

Peter