[Tagging] craft= Proposal

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 00:21:16 BST 2010

2010/8/24 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> We need a better definition. A baker or a restaurant could also belong to
> that category but I still prefer 'shop' for baker and 'amenity' for
> restaurant..

I think we need both: shop=bakery and craft=bakery. The latter is
producing, the first only selling (or finishing industrial stuff for
some minutes in the oven). A traditional bakery (which also sells)
would get both tags, the nowaday mostly occuring bakery chain would be
only shop=bakery.

A restaurant is IMHO not a craft, while cooking is. The main purpose
of a restaurant is not cooking though, but sitting and eating.

cheers,
Martin