[Tagging] craft= Proposal

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Wed Aug 25 14:55:31 BST 2010

True.  In my experience in the USA, fast food refers more to the type of food than to whether it is quickly available.  Food that can be prepared and cooked quickly is referred to as fast-food, and tends to be simple items such as sandwiches, fried chicken or fish, etc.  More elaborate recipes, requiring longer preparation and/or cooking times, are generally not classified as fast-food.  Incidentally, even a "cook-to-order" restaurant will usually prepare certain dishes in advance, such as breads or soups. as otherwise the customer might have to wait several hours for their meal to be ready.