[Tagging] self-storage facilities

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 22:29:47 GMT 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 5:19 PM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> So, landuse=self_storage would probably be the way to tag them, using out convention of underscores as separators.  "Self-storage" is also the standard USA term for such facilities.  From my personal experience, they typically have several different sizes of enclosed spaces available, some opening directly to the outdoors (as in the photo) and some off interior hallways.

Why landuse? It's generally going to be located inside a larger
landuse area of commercial or industrial, and could be as small as a
standard office building. There is some use of
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/tags/amenity=storage but I don't know
if any (except for the ones I tagged) are used for this type of
facility.