[Tagging] Deprecated features - highway=disused

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 23:25:59 GMT 2010

I'm afraid I don't see the problem with highway=disused. It's clear
what it means by analogy with railway=disused (there's something
remaining, most likely pavement, but it's no longer a usable highway).
Alternately highway=service (or something else, though most
classifications don't apply to disused highways) access=private might
work. Here's an example of the latter:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=27.96465&lon=-82.426565&zoom=18&layers=M
For whatever reason, when they rebuilt I-4 they left a small piece of
the old westbound lanes, including a bridge.