[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Narrow width

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 18:50:57 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> no, you can always compare it to the width of your vehicle, therefore
> it doesn't require that all streets are tagged width it.

?? With my Fiat 500 or you BMW X5 ?

> AND: you can
> always compare to the construction standards for new roads in your
> part of the world.

But that's the point. If you write on a segment of residential  "width=4",
it will be narrow in US and normal in old Europe. That's why I said that a
width is only useful if you can compare it to something else. I'm still
waiting a proposal for the default width per highway category.

Pieren