[Tagging] Proposed definition for cycleways

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 04:11:23 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> If ... every time you saw something mapped
> as a bike path, it corresponded to something you thought of as a bike path -
> that would be perfect.

Key words: "something YOU thought of as a bike path". If everyone
thinks of a "bike path" in exactly the same way as everyone else,
that's great. If so, it should be easy for you to write down a
specific, verifiable definition that everyone will immediately agree
with. I still haven't seen one.

> But I fear we're about to go down some very old, tired ground here, so Roy,
> may I suggest you tread carefully :)

Yeah. I wouldn't bother, but you seem really enthusiastic to find a
solution, as am I.