[Tagging] Using relations to group highways

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 23:29:32 GMT 2010

2010/1/7 Matthias Julius <lists at julius-net.net>:
> John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> As for the shields this is deviating from the topic at hand but for it
>> the shield can be derived from the lookup table on the wiki and then
>> extra preprossesing in osm2pgsql to assign a shield based on admin
>> polygons + info from the lookup table
>
> Does osm2pgsql have that capability already?

No, I'm trying to code up a proof of concept at present to parse the
wiki page and then after osm2pgsql runs, find any roads not tagged
with a shield and then add the shield information by using the road
information + polygon information.

So far I have been able to parse the wiki page, but I'm still working
on improving the lookup table the information is stored in so that
things happen as quickly as possible.

It probably doesn't help that I have no idea how to deal with reverse
regular expression lookups etc. :)