[Tagging] What do we map

Adrian Brain adrianpbrain at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 13:21:32 GMT 2010

>>2010/1/21 Matthias Julius <lists at julius-net.net>:
>> > Shouldn't that be a service provided by the OSM API?  You can up and
>> > download GPX tracks.  Wouldn't it be a helpful extension if one could up
>> > and download geolocated photos, too?

>> The other option is some kind of flickr API, they claimed in July last
>> year there was 120 million geotagged photos, that is a vast untapped
>> resource.

To help get most value from my efforts I have created a Flickr id for my area and used it for photos of amenities, business hours, public buildings, local history links and potential cycling routes.

I've put all the data in osm as well and the hot links to and from Flickr work pretty well. (From image to osm is lower right under "Additional Information")

See http://www.flickr.com/photos/44470358@N08/sets/.

Adrian (osmapb1)