[Tagging] Race track

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 00:34:30 GMT 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:

> most auto racing tracks i'm familiar with can be mapped as one or more ways

Sure, but what about mapping the way *as an area*, e.g. if you want to
accurately trace over wide vs. narrow parts of the track? I remember
this came up a little while ago in the context of "should all highways
be mapped as areas", but I'm not sure if there were any tagging
guidelines produced as an outcome of that... it is just a matter of
adding area=yes?

But the added complication with a race track is that it is usually a
circuit, and thus needs a "hole" in the middle (hence why I'm thinking
it would need a multipolygon relation...)