[Tagging] Race track

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Jan 31 13:31:47 GMT 2010

Roy Wallace wrote:
> I should probably ask at this point, is there a way to map a feature
> as a multipolygon *and* as ways, i.e. to allow the user to choose a
> representation as necessary? These would then need to be grouped with
> some other relation to indicate the two alternative representations
> refer to a common entity. I'm guessing this is too messy for anyone to
> have pursued yet...?
This is already being done with rivers although they don't refer to a
common entity (not sure they need to):

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank

The riverbank indicates the varying width of the river
The waterway=river is used to show the direction of flow & for routing
purposes.

Dave F.