[Tagging] Race track

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 16:57:40 GMT 2010

On 1 February 2010 02:50, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> That it doesn't make sense?  Show me the "complex interchange".  Then you

An example given in the past is a tri-deck road way, from memory the
middle deck is motorway with slower roadways above and below,
obviously there will be interconnections on and off all 3 decks...

> and I can both show how we'd map them, and we can compare the two.  Let's do

At present OSM wouldn't cope with my suggestions as there needs to be
extensions made to tag lanes, others have already attempted to do
depictions on lanes in the past, the only reason people would be using
areas to attempt to solve this is simply because no changes are needed
on the server, that doesn't make it a valid or the most suitable
solution to the problem.

> this on the wiki though.  Just point us to the wiki page so we don't have to

Why does it need to be done through the wiki? It's a horrible way to
discuss things.

> bore everyone with the details of this argument.  Or put it up at

There is a lot of people that would love micro-mapping to be solved
once and for all, this is a complicated enough topic that it may
warrant a temporary mailing list to solve this problem.