[Tagging] Race track

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Jan 31 17:36:59 GMT 2010

John Smith wrote:
> On 1 February 2010 02:34, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:
>
>> The width=* tag doesn't fit when you have a gradual change in width as
>> you would do on a track.
>>

> I would have thought that was the best case for Richard's suggestion,
> irregular shapes being the worst case.

If your referring to the Watkins Glenn configuration (Some of Richard's
posts may not have come through to me) & I'm understanding Richards
requirements, the River/Riverbank could be the solution:

Use multi-polygons for the boundaries of the track/pit lanes etc. Then
add separate ways for to indicate each track configuration.