[Tagging] Race track

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:30:49 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:

> ... the River/Riverbank could be the solution:
>
> Use multi-polygons for the boundaries of the track/pit lanes etc. Then
> add separate ways for to indicate each track configuration.

Thanks - exactly what I was looking for.

I'm guessing the multi-polygon and the ways should both be tagged in
the same way (i.e. highway=raceway, name=*, surface=*, etc.)?

Is there really no tag needed to indicate to renderers that the width
of the way is indicated by the multi-polygon rather than the way
(centerline)?