[Tagging] tagging religious features (abbey, monastery, shrine), probably subtags of place of worship

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 19:15:31 BST 2010

Recently I found that we have no documented tags for abbeys,
monasteries, shrines. Do you think it would be better to put them into
amenity as subtags of place of worship or would it be better to have
own tags? If we go for subtags we probably will have to add also one
for churches, cathedrals, etc. (what is not the worst, as this issue
is raised every now and then).

I found monastery in historic=monastery which I don't consider
suitable, at least for modern monasteries, but actually also for all
monasteries that are still "in duty".

cheers,
Martin