[Tagging] Zone 30 (maxspeed)

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Thu Jul 8 13:11:23 BST 2010

fly wrote:
> So please link to:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extended_conditions_for_access_tags
> and start discussion about merging.
> I do not like the name conditions, by the way, because I think it does not cover
> the time aspect, but maybe that is just because I am not a native speaker.

I'm not a native speaker either, but the word "condition" has several
meanings: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/condition

You are probably thinking of "state or quality". When writing the
proposal, I was thinking of "logical clause or phrase that a conditional
statement uses. The phrase can either be true or false."

That's because you can read these tags as
*if* it is Sunday *and* I'm driving a hgv *then* maxspeed=80 applies

Tobias Knerr