[Tagging] paved=yes/no

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:33:00 BST 2010

2010/7/19 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> I think that's really stupid. Again, just to make 0.5% contributors happy,
> we create a dupplicated tag ... Then wait 2 months and a newcomer will ask
> "what's the difference between 'surface=paved' and 'paved=yes' ?".

the difference is that surface=paved is preliminary and paved=yes is definite.
What's the difference between surface=paved and surface=cobblestone
and surface=asphalt? That is the question to which surface=paved
cannot deliver a satisfying answer.

> is a very old tag and paved is widely used"  - "who cares ! run a bot to fix
> them !"

If you could run a bot to fix them it would not be an issue, but you
actually can't.

Cheers,
Martin