[Tagging] paved=yes/no

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:37:24 BST 2010

On 19 July 2010 23:33, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> the difference is that surface=paved is preliminary and paved=yes is definite.
> What's the difference between surface=paved and surface=cobblestone
> and surface=asphalt? That is the question to which surface=paved
> cannot deliver a satisfying answer.

You missed my point entirely, you translate during preprocessing a set
of tags like surface=cobblestone to mean paved=yes, this can be viewed
like any other implied value, such as roundabouts not needing
oneway=yes because that is implied, in this case it's a little more
complex due to the number of values involved but the idea is the same.