[Tagging] US Speed Limits, truck routes, bike routes, access

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sat Mar 6 21:46:32 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

> The school zone ends where the next speed zone starts.

Hmm, I just checked a school zone near my house and I don't think that's
correct.  The 35 Mph sign comes before for the End School Zone sign.  Do you
have any source for that?

I thought school zones were designated by statute, not by sign.  The signs
are just there to remind people of the statute.

> I'm not sure
> what FHWA's thinking was with the End School Zone sign (what about
> traffic that doesn't remember what the previous speed zone was
> because they turned into the school zone at a midpoint?).

What about traffic that turns in a school zone when it's not school hours?