[Tagging] Marking intersections complete

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 10:29:17 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Alan Mintz
<Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net<Alan_Mintz%2BOSM at earthlink.net>
> wrote:

> How about complete:x=yes where x is one of:
>
> turn_restrictions
> maxspeed
> maxweight
> bicycle
> hgv
> etc.

Or easier : say "when you have a maxweight tag, maxweight is complete".

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> The vast majority of intersections in OSM are complete (that is, all turn
> restrictions have been tagged).  Of course, that's because the vast majority
> of intersections in OSM don't have any turn restrictions.

Can you provide statistics, numbers ?

And what about the oneway tag ? Most of the restrictions are coming from
that restriction. No relation needed. Then to be sure that no oneway are
missing, someone already suggested to add the oneway=no in all roads that
are verified as non oneways (many roads are surveyed from satellite
imagery). Yet another tag to add in the long, long list of attributs that
must be provided.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:26 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Alternatively you can just add a note/fixme tag.

+1
And I think we have already some maps rendering the fixme. No need to parse
hundreds of new tags showing the thousand different ways of incompleteness.

Pieren