[Tagging] Marking intersections complete

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sat Mar 13 13:01:16 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net<Alan_Mintz%2BOSM at earthlink.net>
> > wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
>
>> The vast majority of intersections in OSM are complete (that is, all turn
>> restrictions have been tagged).  Of course, that's because the vast majority
>> of intersections in OSM don't have any turn restrictions.
>>

> Can you provide statistics, numbers ?

Not easily.

And what about the oneway tag ? Most of the restrictions are coming from
> that restriction. No relation needed. Then to be sure that no oneway are
> missing, someone already suggested to add the oneway=no in all roads that
> are verified as non oneways (many roads are surveyed from satellite
> imagery). Yet another tag to add in the long, long list of attributs that
> must be provided.

*Nod*.  Using the current tagging system for what really amounts to metadata
isn't particularly efficient.  I wouldn't try to stop someone from adding
oneway=no if they wanted to, though.  Just because one person uses the tag
doesn't mean everyone must always provide it.