[Tagging] Flood prone areas

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 04:47:26 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:38 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was mostly after suggestions on tagging roads that are commonly
> subjected to flooding, rather than trying to pin down the highest
> flooding in a life time.

that is a crucial distinction that must be conveyed to downstream
users who might misinterpret. Lack of a subject to floods tag must NOT
be considered a vouchsafe.

Plotting a seasonal watercourse layer=0 across the road layer=-1
tunnel=no is likely to be decried as 'tagging for the render' while
breaking the render, hardly the same as tagging the way
floodable=somewhat_in_spring which seems to be where you're going.

cheers.

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com