[Tagging] Flood prone areas

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 04:20:53 GMT 2010

On 19 March 2010 05:49, Randy <rwtnospam-newsgp at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ford

This is actually used a fair bit in Australia, although depending
where they are they are mostly dry most of the time.

> Only one of these appears to have reached RFC stage.
> This from doing a quick wiki search on "flood". So I think the answer to
> your question is a somwwhat qualified "no".

I've refined my thoughts on this to sections of road way that are
flood prone, rather than trying to do vast areas that are flood prone,
in the case of aerial imagery it's some what easy to tell roads that a
flood prone, in other places I've been to sections of road way are
signed as being flood prone.

I'm not sure if lumping this as a restriction is the right thing to do
or not, but the best I can come up with so far is
restriction=flood_prone the other useful information might be the
average flood heght above the road way during a flood if known.