[Tagging] Cleaning up

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Wed May 5 19:23:23 BST 2010

>What inevitable ?. I think that drawing sidewalks is silly and waste of time.

   Around here, sidewalks can be such a novelty that I recently read a request of someone looking for a map of my city with sidewalks -
"Does anyone know if a map exists showing which streets have sidewalks ..."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/greenville-spartanburg-area/958850-where-walkable-neighborhoods.html#post13921226

Let say that 99.99% of the unclassified and residential roads can be walked on both sides, why should we draw the sidewalks everywhere ? It would be more clever to tag where sidewalks are missing or not allowed, imo.

   Perhaps the ability to specify defaults for a admin area would help to eliminate redundant entries.