[Tagging] Landuse border alignment

Jonas Minnberg sasq64 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 15:39:07 BST 2010

So as I'm adding things I also try to fix bad alignments, doing things like:

* Make bordering landuses share nodes, moving the nodes for the least
"static" ie if a forest lies next to a lake, move the forest nodes since the
lake may be derived from real data, whereas the forest is probably just
placed from satellite imagery.

* Unglue roads that share borders with landuses and move them into the
"correct" one (a residential road into the residential area etc).

But i am wondering;

What about bordering buildings - ie buldings sharing walls but having
different addresses/uses ? Is it better to draw the as a single area or as
separate but with shared nodes?

When is it OK to remove an overlapping landuse ? In some places I found 3
overlapping landuses and it's not clear which one has priority...

-- Sasq