[Tagging] Draft - new barrier values

Ed Hillsman ehillsman at tampabay.rr.com
Fri May 14 03:27:51 BST 2010

I've contributed a new barrier type (post_and_chain) to

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/New_barrier_types

I have a photo that I've taken of one of these, but I haven't been
able to figure out how to get it into the wiki. None of the other
barrier photos I've seen in the wiki shows one of these. This type of
barrier is really common in the US, in parks and on college campuses.
It usually is installed to keep people from taking a short cut across
a grassy area and wearing a path. It isn't really closed or dense
enough to be considered a fence, but it definitely is a barrier.

Also, I really have no idea what this kind of barrier is called,
especially in the UK (since the default English terminology for OSM is
British), and I'd be happy to change the entry if someone has the
proper British name for it.

Ed Hillsman
Tampa, FL USA