[Tagging] Parking Lots

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Sat May 15 20:06:31 BST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Claudius Henrichs <claudius.h at gmx.de>
> wrote:
> > Am 15.05.2010 19:18, Serge Wroclawski:
>
> > So you should rather go for getting the access tagging correctly by on
> > the ground surveying.
>
> I collect plenty of data for OSM, but see no reason to duplicate the
> hard work that's already been done by professionals. Of course you're
> welcome to do so.

What Serge did was to set the tag, access=unknown for all the parking lots
where we don't know.  The intention is that we will (and have been) check
them as we survey stuff around the city.

Unless the parking area is tagged with access=public, then it should not
have the "P".  Also, if access is omitted, then I'm fine with assuming it's
public and using the "P" symbol.

-Katie

> - Serge

Katie Filbert