[Tagging] Charity tagging

Coast, Hurricane hurricane.coast at mapquest.com
Thu Nov 4 18:36:21 GMT 2010

Hi!

On the whole, I am a big contributor to charities with my time or money.
As the holidays approach, it always seems to be close to heart to contribute to those less fortunate.

I have proposed a Project of the Week to be about Charity, whether it’s shops, donation centers, food banks or soup kitchens. Perhaps you have more ideas!

I  would like some help in creating the best practices in tagging for these locations around the world.

We have of course shop= charity
How about amenity= food bank (though I’m not sure this translates to around the world, it’s common in the US)
                    amenity= homeless shelter
                    or even shop= donation center name= goodwill

Your collaboration and input is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Hurricane