[Tagging] Tidying up arts venues

Vincent Pottier vpottier at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 20:19:19 GMT 2010

On 06/11/2010 12:39, Tom Chance wrote:

> I like the idea of a "culture" key.
+1

> For now, in the absence of that key, we have to decide whether these
> features sit in amenity or tourism. The wiki makes the distinction by
> saying that amenities are "important" and tourist features are other
> interesting things to see. So I think it makes sense for current
> proposals like art galleries to sit in tourism, and perhaps in the
> future to move those along with theatres, cinemas, nightclubs, etc.
> under a culture key if that proposal was voted through.

It realy more difficult to move a value from tags (tourism=* to
culture=*) than waiting for a while untill the culture key is ready.

When moving a value, there are strong voices to say that they are tools
and applications that use the oldest.

If there is material to map with an art_galery value. keep it aside on a
file untill a key is ready.

--
FrViPofm