[Tagging] I started a draft on a new "main" key culture

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sun Nov 7 13:10:49 GMT 2010

In general I like this proposal, but given that this changes a substantial
number of very well used tags that go back to almost the beginning of the
project it is essential to describe how existing data will be migrated
across, tools updated, mappers notified, etc.

The other job, similar to the shop key, will be to elaborate a longer list
of values and to clearly disambiguate between them. For example, how does
one draw the line between art_gallery / museum, between nightclub /
music_venue, between historical monuments/memorials and art_works, etc.

On 7 November 2010 13:04, Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>wrote:

> Adding 'culture=community_center' and culture=community_centre' would
> helpfull.

On this particular suggestion, I think community centers are definitely
amenities.

Regards,
Tom