[Tagging] Call for German, French, Russian & Japanese updates for changed tag

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Nov 22 09:49:36 GMT 2010

On 22 November 2010 09:36, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 22.11.2010 10:26, schrieb Tom Chance:
>
>> Some time ago a proposal to change the way we specify types of power
>> generators was passed. Unfortunately, the German, Russian, French and
>> Japanese translations haven't been updated.
>>

> Hi Tom!
>
> Please revert the changes in the english page!
>
> A "passed proposal" doesn't mean in any way that it's a good idea to change
> existing information that's been there for quite a while.

Ulf, the proposal introduced a new set of tags to specify the type of
power=generator, deprecating two existing tags. The new set of tags is more
powerful and loses none of the detail made possible by the old tags.

When that happens, the only logical course of action is to update the wiki
documentation showing the new tags and removing the deprecated tags. It
makes no sense to continue telling people about deprecated tags.

That is what I have done with the English pages; now I am asking for others
to update the translated pages.

I don't understand your point.

Regards,
Tom