[Tagging] Call for German, French, Russian & Japanese updates for changed tag

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Nov 22 12:49:46 GMT 2010

Tom Chance wrote:
> When that happens, the only logical course of action is to update the
> wiki documentation showing the new tags and removing the
> deprecated tags. It makes no sense to continue telling people about
> deprecated tags.

Even accepting that there is such a thing as a "deprecated tag" (which I and
many others don't), the wiki is not just there as mapper documentation: it's
documentation for data users, too.

If someone downloads a planet file and wants to know "what does this tag
mean?", they'll look for the documentation of that tag. So don't delete it.

cheers
Richard