[Tagging] Call for German, French, Russian & Japanese updates for changed tag

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 00:20:32 GMT 2010

2010/11/22 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:
> Am 22.11.2010 22:28, schrieb "Petr Morávek [Xificurk]":
> Sure, there are tags that you could call deprecated, highway=minor would be
> an example - no one would actually encourage to use this tag any more.

well, the wiki does, it says: under way (at least it did until now).
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/highway:minor

> But - simply because some people written a proposal and voted upon it,
> doesn't automatically deprecate the former widely used tag.

how else should we ever come to a conclusion, if we start mapping as
we like and decide to only later evaluate if the initial decision and
classification was useful? I do agree that this is a good way to
rapidly develop tags and move on, but I don't agree that the outcome
should never be structured later (because that will obviously mean to
change "well established" tags).

cheers,
Martin