[Tagging] Successful proposal

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 21:50:11 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:06:44 +0200
> Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de> wrote:
>
> > I can follow this argumentation but it makes it hard to have two sets
> > of rules to follow when creating tag-pages in the wiki.
>
> There are few rules regarding the wiki.
> I have not voted (because voting on the wiki is ridiculous) but whether
> I agree or disagree I would respect your work and leave it alone.

'voting' is not the appropriate word. 'express you opinion' would be better
and looking for a consensus is always better than using undocumented tags
directly in the database. Documenting the consensus on the wiki is even
better.
About craft, I was a very early supporter of this proposal but it was also
not urgent to put this in the main "map features" page. A smaller table with
a 'craft=*' linking to a more detailed description would have been enough as
a start point (and a full table later when the tag is really in use).
The problem with the "Map Features" page today is its size. It's
unmanageable, contributors are not watching the changes, etc, but that's
another discussion.

Pieren