[Tagging] landuse=single family houses/apartments

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 10:13:30 BST 2010

2010/9/8 Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com>:

> But wikipedia is very vague on this subject so I think it's pretty
> hard to be able to get good terminology.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_building_types#Residential_Buildings
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housing_tenure

have a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_house_types

I posted this already. It is not vague, it is unstructured. As I said above:
The usual building types for residential houses are:
- single house (detached house)
- semi-detached house (duplex)
- terraced house
- apartment building (block of flats) / condominium

public housing is not about typology, mobile home probably is, but I
don't know what sense there is to tag it, as it has no "place" (it is
mobile).

Again: these are types for houses as mentioned above. They are not
types of urban structure (but may imply the latter according to local
habits/culture).

There are also mixed use houses, in Germany we call this "Wohn- und
Geschäftshaus", which is "residential and commercial building". And
last there are also special cases like the experiments of Le
Corbusier: http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Cite_Radieuse_5.jpg&filetimestamp=20090116135543
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Briey_unite_d_habitation.jpg
which were intended to be small cities in one building and they have
shops in the middle (7th and 8th floor AFAIR).

cheers,
Martin