[Tagging] sneaking in tags in the wiki

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Fri Sep 17 08:21:41 BST 2010

Am 17.09.2010 09:09, schrieb John Smith:
> 2010/9/17 Matthias Meißer<digi_c at arcor.de>:
>> >  Therefore I suggest the wiki as 'neutral' plattform that allows everybody to
>> >  monitor changes and to do colloborate work (even if its bad for discussion
>> >  that has to take place somewhere else)
> The wiki isn't good, since most people won't be monitoring all changes
> just to notice something new has occurred, it is also a very poor
> platform to facilitate discussion...
As we said yes it's not good for discussions but it offers monitoring
abilities, changability and embedding/linking to other tags etc.

>> >  Both is fine but there we have the problem how others get notified. So as
>> >  said I would preffer a non ML sollution as you would preffer a non forums
>> >  solution:)  So first place can be wiki?
> Simply stating we should use the wiki isn't helpful, as people that
> prefer forums will continue to use forums, others will use country
> based mailing lists and so on, this isn't helpful.
Ok but it's hard to crosscomunicate. The only possibility I see are
projects like:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Community_Updates
http://blog.openstreetmap.de (german week review)
Or we establish a central base where we collect ideas/grow them up. This
refers to the garage/incubator idea that changes /Proposed features to a
less voting centered platform.

Matthias