[Tagging] RFC: more barrier types

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 23:28:17 BST 2010

On 21 September 2010 08:03, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
>  On 9/20/10 5:35 PM, John Smith wrote:
>>
>> What about water filled plastic barriers?
>>

>> http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/resourcesint/product-detailzqMJlfFDaQGv/China-Water-Filled-Plastic-Barrier.html
>>
>> They may not be permanent, but some stay in place for long periods of
>> time.
>>
> these are a variant on the "Fitch Barrier":

To me these are distinct, one is used to reduce accidents on highway
exits, the other is a barrier to prevent people entering... I've
rarely seen the accident prevention kind, but the barrier kind is used
here very often, they some times/also use a concrete barrier that is
in the same shape, these are less used because you need a fork lift or
similar to lift them into place, the plastic ones can be easily moves
about when there isn't any water inside.