[Tagging] RFC: more barrier types

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 13:12:59 BST 2010

2010/9/21 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>:
> This should be achieved by mapping them where they are (on a way). If
> interrupted e.g. to let pedestrians pass, interrupt the line (way).

to give an actual example:
http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=41.882023,12.500918&spn=0.003371,0.010568&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=41.882164,12.499238&panoid=30kkIvlahWKBmXd5hJnUkg&cbp=12,251.18,,0,0.07

the situation there is changed now compared to the foto, but I think
you get the context (they rearranged the jersey barriers to create a
roundabout. In an intermediate state they removed some barriers in the
middle of the linear separation to allow pedestrian traffic to cross.
I'd simply map them as own ways where they actually are.

cheers,
Martin