[Tagging] Any support for a flow tag?

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:30:25 BST 2011

On 4/1/2011 11:24 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> 2011/4/1 Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com <mailto:neroute2 at gmail.com>>
>     http://my.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/xrepository/sfwmd_repository_pdf/lake_management_area_descriptions.pdf
>     "The smaller S-58 water control structure located at the north end
>     of Trout Lake generally acts as the drainage divide for flows
>     through the KCOL. This is the case except under very high water
>     conditions when water can be released northward through the C-32C
>     Canal into the Lake Preston, Myrtle, and Joel LMA."
>

> not sure if this is a case for common waterways (or if it is another
> type), but sounds as if it were and if you needed 2 waterways to model
> this (one for the standard, and one for the high water conditions when
> water is released into another direction, if I get this right (sounds
> like an overfall).

No, it's the same canal, with water flowing the other direction. This is
the S-58 structure: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?node=944499871 There
is normally no flow through S-58, so what little water enters the C-32C
Canal south of it flows into Trout Lake. But during high water
conditions, water flows north out of Trout Lake, through S-58.