[Tagging] Retaking the discussion on ATMs

Noel David Torres Taño envite at rolamasao.org
Mon Apr 4 23:04:50 BST 2011

CCing spanish list

> My experience in the USA is that ATMs are usually part of multiple
> different networks; if the ATM is part of at least one of your bank's
> networks, but not operated by your bank, you can use it, but pay a
> surcharge.

In Spain is similar, but there is a distinguished network to which each ATM
belongs primarily (there are three of these in Spain, namely '4B', 'Servired'
and 'Red6000', but every card works in every ATM to, at least, take money). In
the primary network of your card fees are very reduced or even waived.

Shuld we have two tags? One specific to Spain identificating the primary
network and another one, worldwide, to tell which networks are useable in an
ATM?

Noel