[Tagging] Sports_centre, gym, dojo

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 04:41:02 BST 2011

Hi, just following up on the gym/fitness centre thread.  I found the talk
page [1] where this discussion has apparently been going on for a couple
years (I know, shocking, isn't it?).   I noticed a note on the bottom of the
page that a bot changed ~1500 gyms to sport=gymnastics!?  Anyone know if
this is accurate?  It would certainly explain the relative lack of gyms...

Cheers, Brad

PS--To me, fitness centre would eliminate any possible confusion with other
usages of gym or gymnasium, but if gym has already been in wide usage, it'll
do.
PPS--In the US, "gymnasium" is definitely not limited to places where people
do gymnastics, as mike said it's a large indoor room for a variety of
sports--like basketball and volleyball--and also sometimes events like
assemblies or dances.

[1]  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Gym