[Tagging] ADR Tunnel Categories

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:53:43 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> this information is as essential for transport companies as max weight and
> max height if they ever transport hazardous materials.

Also useful for Recreational Vehicle (aka "land yachts") - some
tunnels require small natural gas or propane (cooking gas) tanks be
turned OFF at the tank, some ban all tanks.

So this is a useful attribute for a road net database that is to be
used for routing.

+1

(of course, we must be sure to source such data from appropriately
licensed source or actual signage, not from commercial hazmat atlas.)

OT - Only time in my long career that I've been paid to do GIS, I was
producing hazmat atlases of a different sort -- where was the hazmat
concentrated on the rail grid?

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com