[Tagging] steel worker and smaller concrete structures on site

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 16:43:15 BST 2011


some questions from a non-native (to the British, US, AU and other natives):

1. What is a steel worker?

Is it someone who works in a steel mill

or is it someone who builds structural steel work (aka the men (and
women) that built America):

2. Smaller concrete structures

Large concrete structures are often prefabricated in the industry and
assembled on site. What about smaller structures? How do you call the
person that makes/assembles the formwork? If there is a specialist for
the concrete, what would he be called? And the one that cuts, bends
and assembles the reenforcement steel? I know that these works are
often performed by the same person, is there a generic term for this
profession? Is it typically masons doing this?


More information about the Tagging mailing list