[Tagging] steel worker and smaller concrete structures on site

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Apr 15 16:48:35 BST 2011

I feel so confused... of course you aren't talking about mapping people.... ??

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> some questions from a non-native (to the British, US, AU and other natives):
> 1. What is a steel worker?
> Is it someone who works in a steel mill
> http://growthexpertblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/SteelWorkerGentex_l1.jpg
> or is it someone who builds structural steel work (aka the men (and
> women) that built America):
> http://www.ssplprints.com/lowres/43/main/19/97962.jpg
> 2. Smaller concrete structures
> Large concrete structures are often prefabricated in the industry and
> assembled on site. What about smaller structures? How do you call the
> person that makes/assembles the formwork? If there is a specialist for
> the concrete, what would he be called? And the one that cuts, bends
> and assembles the reenforcement steel? I know that these works are
> often performed by the same person, is there a generic term for this
> profession? Is it typically masons doing this?
> cheers,
> Martin
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging

More information about the Tagging mailing list