[Tagging] steel worker and smaller concrete structures on site

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 02:33:31 BST 2011

2011/4/16 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>:
> 2011/4/15 Brad Neuhauser <brad.neuhauser at gmail.com>:
>>  In searching, I also came across the term "ironworker" which applies to
>> larger buildings, bridges, etc.

ironworkers can (wikipedia, please correct me if I got it wrong) be
divided into the following types:

- reinforcing ironworker (de:Stahlflechter): setting up the rebar for
concrete constructions
- structural ironworker (de: Stahlbauer): assembling steel beams and
similar (structural steel work).
- ornamental ironworker (de: Metallbauer, Fassadenbauer): mounting
metal parts like metal windows, screens, curtain walls, ladders,
doors, ...

for the latter two it would be a distinguishing feature to tag if they
do structural welding (both might do, but certification is required).

They are all worklng with metal, but the actual work is quite
different, and I would suggest not to do subtyping but to use these 3
at the top level (craft=structural_ironworker, ...).


More information about the Tagging mailing list