[Tagging] Fwd: Feature Proposal - RFC - automated tasks

Flaimo flaimo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 22:39:48 BST 2011

> Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:41:12 -0400
> From: Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Fwd: Feature Proposal - RFC - automated tasks
>
> I think the  number of tags in this kind of proposal would balloon
> quickly, so let me suggest instead that tags of this nature be put on
> the changeset, with a then request to bot authors to check object
> history and changesets, rather than more tags on the object.
>
> In other words, use the changeset to hold this (what I think of as)
> metadata, rather than the object itself.

i don't understand on how that would be the case. after execution of
the task the corresponding tag gets deleted anyway since they are only
temporarily.
i can't see on how changesets should be better. you would have to
start a changeset per deadline and that's even more complicated, since
it cannot be done easily within tag editors. also fellow mappers would
never know that someone else already has a changeset prepared, since
mostly people check the tags only.

flaimo