[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addr keys (2011-04)

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon Apr 25 14:44:42 BST 2011

I was just thinking about this myself. We have lots of strip malls
around here, where a particular strip will have the same address
number, but is divided into a number of "suites". Some of these suites
are combined to contain one business, but the business will only use
one of the suite identifiers for their address. In one strip you'll
see "9570-A", "9570-B", "9570-F" depending on the size of the
businesses. I've just been putting this in addr:housenumber.

If we put this instead into addr:suite or the like, it would be nice
for renderers to place the number on the building, and then just the
suite number/letter on the entrance, and of course Nominatim must be
made aware of this.

Here's such a strip mall I mapped this weekend:
http://open.mapquest.com/link/7-bC1pYb24
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=38.796443&lon=-77.273725&zoom=18&layers=M

-Josh