[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addr keys (2011-04)

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Apr 25 14:57:37 BST 2011

On 4/25/11 9:44 AM, Josh Doe wrote:
> I was just thinking about this myself. We have lots of strip malls
> around here, where a particular strip will have the same address
> number, but is divided into a number of "suites". Some of these suites
> are combined to contain one business, but the business will only use
> one of the suite identifiers for their address. In one strip you'll
> see "9570-A", "9570-B", "9570-F" depending on the size of the
> businesses. I've just been putting this in addr:housenumber.

i have been putting it into housenumber too, to a degree, but it's not
really natural.

and the suite model is very, very common, anytime you are looking
at a shared building, whether it's office space, industrial space, or
retail space.

my concern here is purely making sure the tag name is well chosen.
given that OSM tends to lean towards british usage, i'd like to know
what that is.

richard