[Tagging] Named gates

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 03:58:19 BST 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Sander Deryckere <sanderd17 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've never seen a named gate where I would want the name to be rendered.

I can immediately think of two gates that are such local or global
landmarks their names should be rendered.
http://www.cardcow.com/80793/johnson-gate-harvard-college-cambridge-massachusetts/
    http://osm.org/go/ZfI4siQyI--
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Brandenburg_Gate
    http://osm.org/go/0MbFCmM9--

The later has the building containing the gate and the way through the
gate named, plus a node for the tourist site, which renders.

> But
> there's no reason to change the tagging in my view. Just make a ticket and
> see if the mapnik team is willing to render those.

Right, tag for database, not for render.

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com